Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Out with the old in with the new

There comes a time in a young person's life when he/she must make a decision. To keep old friends or to drop them and make new ones.

Well its most hard to do sometimes.

I mean you've had good times and bad times with friends. In my own personal experience, I think sometimes its good to drop some old friends. I mean its not about being mean or just forgetting about them, but its also about taking a new stop towards adulthood or gaining closure over a past stage of your life that you just do not want to have contact with anymore.

The person I was last year is not the person that I today and my friends from then reflect this past person that I was and I mean you are who you hang out with (for the most part).
For example, say that There was really crazy party and        
everyone made a complete fool out themselves, specially you. Months or even a year later you're looking back at this time when being a fool was cool. Now your more grounded with a good head on your shoulders. The friends at that party become a constant reminder of something that you want to keep in your past. New friends mean clean slate. a chance to make some awesome memories that you don't have to have any regrets about


Sometimes not being friend with these people doesn't mean that your their enemy either. I mean if I see them in the streets I will casually say hello and even strike a short conversation but it just means that we will not be hanging out and we definitely will not partying together.

To finish off I just want to say, are you friends with everyone you were friends with in junior high and high school.  Probably not, maybe a couple but certainly not everyone that was in your posse back then. So think about with growing come change and sometimes a change in friends is the best thing that happens to you.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

flag counter

free counters